Thursday, January 13, 2011

Resolution #1 - Read more

I finished The Lost Dogs by Jim Gorant a couple days ago. Really a great book. It was definitely a hard read emotionally... very heartbreaking and painful at some points. But it was worth it. Through all the pain and loss, the book is about the triumph of these dogs. It's fantastic. Their strength and resilience is inspirational. I recommend all dog lovers out there read this.


Now I've started on One Hundred Years of Solitude, by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. So far, so good! I'll review when I'm finished.


2 comments:

  1. Hi, I stumbled upon your blog from A Poodle and a Pit Bull, and your books immediately caught my eye. These are two of my favorites! If you like this Marquez one, you should seriously think about Love in the Time of Cholera-- I loved it even more than Solitude. Enjoy!

    Aleksandra
    follow our foster: loveandaleash.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aleksandra! I'll definitely add that to my to-read list.
    I'm really enjoying 100 Years of Solitude so far! I'm about 1/2 way through...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. But don't be mean.